Who Is Lori Bagwell?
Lori has lived in Carson City since 1966 and began her education in the Carson City School District and graduated from Carson High. She earned an Associate Degree from Western Nevada Community College and a Bachelor’s degree from Liberty University.
Lori’s 30-year public service career began at the age of 17 as an administrative aid for the Nevada Department of Taxation. Over the years, she worked her way up the ladder serving as a lobbyist and the Budget Director/Taxation Specialist for the Nevada Association of Counties, which included providing financial planning assistance for several counties; a Tax Administrator for the Department of Motor Vehicles and Public Safety; a Management Analyst for Child and Family Services; a Budget Analyst for the Governor’s Office; and Deputy Director of the Department of Corrections. Lori has served one term as your Supervisor for Ward 3.
Lori also owned a small business and understands the challenges facing the business community. She is concerned about the impact of all the tax and fee hikes on small businesses, families, and senior citizens on fixed incomes. Her government and private sector experience gives her a unique ability to work with other Board Members and the community in solving various challenges.
Lori has gained a reputation for problem solving through collaboration. Her drive for success is measured by helping others achieve their goals. One example is Richard’s Crossing. Lori worked tirelessly with others to bring a 39 unit housing project to fruition in Carson City. Richard’s Crossing provides permanent housing to those in need with a special emphasis for veterans. Mayor Crowell and Lori successfully spearheaded the fundraising efforts to furnish each of the units to welcome the Veterans to their new homes.
Some of her many activities are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration – Liberty University (1992)
- Friends in Service Helping “FISH” – President, Treasurer (2011 -2017)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary – President (2016- present)
- Carson City Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, Member (2012 – present)
- Carson City Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee – Chairman, Member (2012-2013)
- Carson City Board of Equalization – Vice-Chairman (2012-2013)
- Regional Transportation Commission – Vice- Chairman (2017-present)
- Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission - Commissioner
- Carson City Audit Committee – Member (2014- present)
- Workforce Housing Committee – Member (2017 – present)
- Liquor Board – Member (2014 – present)
- Health Board – Member (2014 – present)
- Nevada State Society, NSDAR – Organizing Secretary, Treasurer, Historian (2000-present)
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Battle Born Chapter – Regent, Treasurer (2004-present)
- Children of the American Revolution, Ft Churchill – Sr. Treasurer (2013 – present)
- Team Mom – AYSO and Carson City Little League (1990 – 1998)
“My promise to my community is to tell the truth, work hard and honor my campaign commitments. Every time I’m able to help someone, It energizes me to move forward and accomplish even more, “she explained.
She hopes she has proven this promise in her first term as your Supervisor for Ward 3.
Lori, along with her husband Jim enjoys their three children, seven grandchildren and two dogs.
Lori loves spending time with her family, most of whom are Carson City residents. She also enjoys reading, camping, riding her 4-wheeler and playing with Hayden and Landon, her great niece 5 and nephew 2.